Corrugated Steel Raised Garden Beds
Our range of garden beds can be manufactured from Aquaplate® or Z600 galvanised steel or Colorbond roofing steel. Raised garden beds can be made in either round or slimline styles. All our raised garden beds are made to order. We can also manufacture raised garden beds with bases that can be used for wicking beds and aquaponics.
Steel raised garden beds offer many benefits over traditional timber garden beds. Timber treated with CCA’s are toxic and not suitable for vegetable beds. Hardwood timber sleepers are cumbersome and heavy and once in place, it is difficult to relocate the garden bed. In contrast, steel garden beds are light and sturdy. Unlike garden beds made with traditional materials like timber, our garden beds are easily handled. If you find you need to relocate your garden bed, simply remove the soil and lift your garden bed to its new location. This flexibility makes them ideal if you rent, move house or redesign your garden.
Your Choice of Colours!
Apart from looking fantastic, there are many advantages with using raised garden beds:
- Soil temperature is warmer, especially in the cooler months enabling a longer growth period. Plants may grow much faster and larger in raised garden beds.
- Prevents soil compaction as the beds can be laid out so there is no need to walk over the garden bed. This means the soil will stay aerated, non-compacted and healthy through many growing seasons.
- Monitoring the soil condition is easier and making changes when appropriate is easier as it is a smaller and more easily controlled area.
- Better drainage as the garden is raised up off the ground level.
- Plants can be closer together as space in not needed for walking over the garden and all of the space can be used for planting.
- Only water the actual garden itself, therefore no water is wasted on the exterior i.e. path or surrounding lawn. This is a huge issue when facing water restrictions – not one drop of water is wasted.
- Easier to spread mulch as it is contained within the barriers of the raised garden bed.
- Easier to reach plants in a raised garden bed. Raised gardens make it possible for people in wheelchairs to access the garden or for the elderly to garden without bending over. People with back problems benefit as they don’t have to strain and stretch over the garden to tend it.
- Making a raised bed can mean importing soil in order to fill the bed. Choose good-quality soil and improve it further with the right organic fertilizers and composts.
- Raised garden beds help reduce weeding if all of the soil is new and uncontaminated by weed seeds to begin with. Raised beds tend to have more plants in less space than a traditional garden lay out , leaving less room for weeds. Weeds are easier to control.
- It’s easier to see produce (as well as weeds and pests) when the garden in raised, making it easier to take good care of the plants.
- They are great for small plots to grow vegetables and / or flowers making them the ideal choice for inner city areas and smaller backyards. Steel vegetable beds look great and allow for easy access and maintenance of your vegetable garden.
- It is also easier to keep slugs and snails off the actual garden as the sides of the raised garden bed act as a barrier.
Like more information?
We welcome enquiries about our product range in order for you to achieve the best solution for your requirements.